Thursday, June 22, 2006

Dadfest

Sunday was Dadfest. A video and message about Fatherhood, some motorcycles and some food. It was not bad for a first attempt at recognizing Fathers on Fathers Day. I really appreciate my Brothers and thier support putting it together. They are always there ready to serve

I expected to have more of a feeling of accomplsihment as we completed the day. Quite the contrary, seeing several Mom's in tears and getting some good feedback has feft me feeling helpless, that there is so much to do, so many people that are hurting, so much need just within our congregation. What can the world look like?

One Mom went home and called her adult children and scolded them for not recognizing thier Father.

I pray that God will continue to grow our Men's Ministry and put us to work, serving and being the Christ like role models that we know we can be.

2 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Blogger pegn said...

Remember, one at a time. That is how we will make a differnce. I just think of the men we are seeing become an active part of our minsitry who weren't there a year ago. We are making progress, just not as quickly as we would like!

oh, I just ordered the bud vase for the bug. I should have my flower in there soon! :-)

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger BCJ said...

Thanks Peggy,

A wise person recently told me to count the fruits of your labor instead of looking for a sign from God. Today is a good day for counting !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home